Re: VIM on Mac OS X

  • Ken Scott
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 25, 2001
      On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Eugene Lee wrote:

      > On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 02:24:08PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
      > :
      > : Eugene Lee wrote:
      > : >
      > : > $ cd vim60
      > : > $ for a in ../6.0.*; do patch -p1 < ${a}; done
      > :
      > : I still think it should be -p2.
      >
      > The README in the patches directory suggests this:
      >
      > Before patching, change to the top Vim directory, where the "src"
      > and "runtime" directories are located.
      > Depending on the version of "patch" that you use, you may have add
      > an argument to make it patch the right file:
      > patch -p < 5.5.001
      > patch -p0 < 5.5.001
      >
      > BTW, I never follow the vim60/vim60.1/etc. convention of renaming the
      > top-level Vim directory. I always find it more confusing. :)

      FWIW, I've always done "patch -p0 < blah" from the top level vim directory
      (vim60 these days) and have never had a problem.

      Thanks for the for snippet to apply patches. I hadn't gotten around to
      figuring out that part yet, and it will make it goe much faster now.

      Ken

      --
      ><> Ken Scott kscott@... http://www.pcisys.net/~kscott

      This is the day that the Lord has made;
      I will rejoice and be glad in it! -- Psalm 118:24