Re: continuing trouble associating Vim with file types in Tiger

  • Chris Fonnesbeck
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12 7:14 AM
      On 8/12/05, Andre Berger <andre.berger@...> wrote:
      > * Chris Fonnesbeck <fonnesbeck@...>, 2005-08-12 16:00 +0200:
      > > On 8/12/05, Andre Berger <andre.berger@...> wrote:
      > > > * Daniele Venzano <venza@...>, 2005-08-12 10:20 +0200:

      > > > Daniele,
      > > >
      > > > just to make sure, you're suggesting to copy this file to the
      > > > installed vim's Vim.app/Contents/, right? Not only it doesn't work
      > > > for me: I cannot assign all ".txt" files to Vim (though it shows up
      > > > as a recommended application now) using Info: Change all in the
      > > > Finder; Vim also never gets to the foreground when started from mutt
      > > > with the exec switch, and doesn't seem to take clicks in the
      > > > background either.
      > > >
      > > > I strongly suggest to make a backup copy of your Info.plist before
      > > > trying.
      > > >

      > > Yes, to confirm this certainly does not work, at least for vim 6.3 on
      > > Tiger. All files assigned to vim immediately snap back to the original
      > > application after clicking on "change all". Thanks for the advice
      > > though.
      >
      > Found the background article I had in mind:
      >
      > <http://lists.apple.com/archives/Carbon-dev/2005/May/msg01320.html>

      Thanks Andre ... sounds like we'll just have to wait.
    • Daniele Venzano
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 12 12:49 PM
        I have uploaded a new Info.plist on the same place as before (http://
        www.brownhat.org/rlieh/Info.plist), but the only thing I changed was
        the icon name. That file is working for me, and I tried again to
        conform that.

        Did you rebuild the LaunchServices database by doing:
        /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/
        Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/Current/Support/
        lsregister -r -v -f /Applications/Vim.app

        I forgot to mention this in the previous mail, but it is quite an
        important thing to make OsX aware that something changed.

        Bye.

        --
        Daniele Venzano
        http://www.brownhat.org
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12 12:55 PM
          * Daniele Venzano <venza@...>, 2005-08-12 21:50 +0200:
          > I have uploaded a new Info.plist on the same place as before (http://
          > www.brownhat.org/rlieh/Info.plist), but the only thing I changed was
          > the icon name. That file is working for me, and I tried again to
          > conform that.
          >
          > Did you rebuild the LaunchServices database by doing:
          > /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/
          > Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/Current/Support/
          > lsregister -r -v -f /Applications/Vim.app
          >
          > I forgot to mention this in the previous mail, but it is quite an
          > important thing to make OsX aware that something changed.

          Didn't make a difference here, still no go.

          -Andre