Re: VIM on Mac OS X

  • Eugene Lee
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 25, 2001
      On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 02:24:08PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
      :
      : Eugene Lee wrote:
      : >
      : > $ cd vim60
      : > $ for a in ../6.0.*; do patch -p1 < ${a}; done
      :
      : I still think it should be -p2.

      The README in the patches directory suggests this:

      Before patching, change to the top Vim directory, where the "src"
      and "runtime" directories are located.
      Depending on the version of "patch" that you use, you may have add
      an argument to make it patch the right file:
      patch -p < 5.5.001
      patch -p0 < 5.5.001

      BTW, I never follow the vim60/vim60.1/etc. convention of renaming the
      top-level Vim directory. I always find it more confusing. :)

      --
      Eugene Lee
      eugene@...
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 25, 2001
        On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Eugene Lee wrote:

        > On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 02:24:08PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
        > :
        > : Eugene Lee wrote:
        > : >
        > : > $ cd vim60
        > : > $ for a in ../6.0.*; do patch -p1 < ${a}; done
        > :
        > : I still think it should be -p2.
        >
        > The README in the patches directory suggests this:
        >
        > Before patching, change to the top Vim directory, where the "src"
        > and "runtime" directories are located.
        > Depending on the version of "patch" that you use, you may have add
        > an argument to make it patch the right file:
        > patch -p < 5.5.001
        > patch -p0 < 5.5.001
        >
        > BTW, I never follow the vim60/vim60.1/etc. convention of renaming the
        > top-level Vim directory. I always find it more confusing. :)

        FWIW, I've always done "patch -p0 < blah" from the top level vim directory
        (vim60 these days) and have never had a problem.

        Thanks for the for snippet to apply patches. I hadn't gotten around to
        figuring out that part yet, and it will make it goe much faster now.

        Ken

        --
        ><> Ken Scott kscott@... http://www.pcisys.net/~kscott

        This is the day that the Lord has made;
        I will rejoice and be glad in it! -- Psalm 118:24