Re: Vim7aa GUI bug

  • Jussi Hagman
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
      On 4.8.2005, at 2:46, Chris Allen wrote:

      > There appears to be a non-fatal bug in the OS X gui for Vim7aa from
      > today's CVS. Starting Vim, going to any menu and *not* selecting an
      > item, and then dragging in the main Vim window generates
      > some (two or three) messages:

      I took down the latest code, built it and was not able to reproduce
      the bug following the instructions.. Maybe I did something
      differently than you or there is something different in our builds :)

      Could you please provide a bit more detailed description that would
      include how you started vim and how exactly you do the dragging.

      Yours,
      Jussi

    • Chris Allen
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
        Whoops, original message ran afoul of the message size limit. If
        anyone wants the bugreport.txt file, let me know. I've removed it
        from this copy.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2005
          On 4.8.2005, at 4:25, Chris Allen wrote:

          > Right, after extensive gvim -Uing and vimrc file commenting, I have
          > tracked it down to the guioptions+=a setting and the splash screen
          > showing. The exact sequence of actions needed to reproduce it is to
          > start a graphical copy of Vim by any manner which leaves the splash
          > screen showing (no files, no startup commands outside a vimrc), and
          > then click and drag within the text area which is showing the splash
          > screen.

          Well, now when I rebuilt my vim with --with-features=huge set I can
          see the bug. I'll try to look into it and I'll report if I can
          understand what's going on.

          Greetings,
          Jussi