Vim7aa GUI bug

  • Chris Allen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
      There appears to be a non-fatal bug in the OS X gui for Vim7aa from
      today's CVS. Starting Vim, going to any menu and *not* selecting an
      item, and then dragging in the main Vim window generates
      some (two or three) messages:

      E341: Internal error: lalloc(0, )
      E341: Internal error: lalloc(0, )
      E341: Internal error: lalloc(0, )

      If anyone wants more details on it than that, I can probably provide
      it, but I suspect this is probably an easy one if you know your way
      around the OS X GUI code.

      Thanks,
      Chris Allen
    • Jussi Hagman
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
        On 4.8.2005, at 2:46, Chris Allen wrote:

        > There appears to be a non-fatal bug in the OS X gui for Vim7aa from
        > today's CVS. Starting Vim, going to any menu and *not* selecting an
        > item, and then dragging in the main Vim window generates
        > some (two or three) messages:

        I took down the latest code, built it and was not able to reproduce
        the bug following the instructions.. Maybe I did something
        differently than you or there is something different in our builds :)

        Could you please provide a bit more detailed description that would
        include how you started vim and how exactly you do the dragging.

        Yours,
        Jussi

      • Chris Allen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
          Whoops, original message ran afoul of the message size limit. If
          anyone wants the bugreport.txt file, let me know. I've removed it
          from this copy.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2005
            On 4.8.2005, at 4:25, Chris Allen wrote:

            > Right, after extensive gvim -Uing and vimrc file commenting, I have
            > tracked it down to the guioptions+=a setting and the splash screen
            > showing. The exact sequence of actions needed to reproduce it is to
            > start a graphical copy of Vim by any manner which leaves the splash
            > screen showing (no files, no startup commands outside a vimrc), and
            > then click and drag within the text area which is showing the splash
            > screen.

            Well, now when I rebuilt my vim with --with-features=huge set I can
            see the bug. I'll try to look into it and I'll report if I can
            understand what's going on.

            Greetings,
            Jussi