Re: Problems with multibyte gvim on Mac OS X

  • Benjamin Esham
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27 5:28 PM
      On Jul 27, 2005, at 7:51 PM, Benjamin Esham wrote:

      > The attached screenshot below shows "normal" gvim, before the
      > multibyte support was added, and then the gvim with multibyte
      > support. As you can see, every space is displayed as a dark square
      > (this happens with other color schemes as well).

      I guess attachments to the list aren't allowed... you can view that
      image at

      http://www.bdesham.net/img/vim_multibyte.png

      --
      Benjamin D. Esham
      bdesham@... | http://bdesham.net | AIM: bdesham128
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27 9:12 PM
        On 27/07/05, Benjamin Esham <bdesham@...> wrote:
        > I'm trying to compile gvim 6.3.085 (the latest) with support for
        > multi-byte stuff. Compilation seems to go fine after I do `./
        > configure --enable-multibyte && make && make install', but when I
        > launch vim I get visual problems as in the screenshot below and the
        > multibyte features don't seem to work anyway!

        How very strange (cue "I'm sure it used to work ...")! Multibyte
        doesn't work for me using the stock build from macvim, either. It
        certainly does work using Vim7aa out of CVS, though, and that has been
        pretty stable, in general, so it might meet your needs. I use it
        every day, and issues are only rare ;)

        Chris