Re: Tiger rendering problems

  • Da Woon Jung
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 18, 2005
      The issue seems to be related to just drawing "too fast", Carbon or
      not Carbon. Some optimization seems to be possible by porting the
      QuickDraw calls to Quartz, but as Jussi and I mentioned, Shark
      profiling reveals that the main bottleneck seems to be in Tiger's
      forced beam sync. If I understand Apple correctly, regulating drawing
      via a timer during scrolling ought to improve things outright by
      cooperating with Tiger's beam sync.

      Cheers,
      DW