Syntax highlighting and automatic indentation.

  • Alex Mendes da Costa
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2005

      I have a couple of questions.

      I use vim to edit code at work. The version we have there (on Linux)
      features extensive C++ syntax highlighting. However, when I use vim in
      iTerm on my Mac I get much more primitive highlighting: it just bolds
      keywords and underlines strings, types and preprocessor commands. I would
      like to have the full syntax highlighting. How can I get it?

      I prefer only to have two spaces per indentation level in my code. I have
      set tabstop and softtabstop to 2, but when vim adds the indentation
      automatically (e.g. after a brace in a C file) it adds much more space than
      I want and I have to delete it. How can I get vim to add the small tabs
      that I like?

      Thanks in advance!

      Alex