Re: Highlightning

  • Chris Devers
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
      On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:

      > Highlighting? Do you mean...
      > set hlsearch
      > ...?

      Or

      :syntax on

      ?

      --
      Chris Devers
    • antti
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
        On Mar 4, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:

        > Hi Antti,
        >
        > Highlighting? Do you mean...
        > set hlsearch
        > ...?
        >
        > You can put that in your .gvimrc or _gvimrc (as appropriate) for GUI
        > Vim. Or in your .vimrc or _vimrc (as appropriate) for terminal Vim.

        I mean the colors for the syntax. Gvim has a menu for different Color
        Schemes, non of them is like the terminal version? Can I get it back?

        The first buffer always has a grey line at left of the window; what's
        that and how do I get rid of it? Other buffers have some extra space on
        the left side too. I have line numbers on and on the left side of the
        line numbers there's some empty space, how do I get rid of that?

        Also the cursor stays always on the screen when I scroll the window
        down. This is, I don't want it to follow the scrolling. Can I make it
        keep it's position?

        --antti