Highlightning

  • antti
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
      Hi All!

      First of all I want to tell that I just found gvim for mac and I think
      it's just perfect. Great job!

      How do I get the nice highlightning that I had with the terminal
      version, I just got familiar with that?

      --antti
    • Eljay Love-Jensen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
        Hi Antti,

        Highlighting? Do you mean...
        set hlsearch
        ...?

        You can put that in your .gvimrc or _gvimrc (as appropriate) for GUI
        Vim. Or in your .vimrc or _vimrc (as appropriate) for terminal Vim.

        HTH,
        --Eljay
      • Chris Devers
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
          On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:

          > Highlighting? Do you mean...
          > set hlsearch
          > ...?

          Or

          :syntax on

          ?

          --
          Chris Devers
        • antti
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
            On Mar 4, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:

            > Hi Antti,
            >
            > Highlighting? Do you mean...
            > set hlsearch
            > ...?
            >
            > You can put that in your .gvimrc or _gvimrc (as appropriate) for GUI
            > Vim. Or in your .vimrc or _vimrc (as appropriate) for terminal Vim.

            I mean the colors for the syntax. Gvim has a menu for different Color
            Schemes, non of them is like the terminal version? Can I get it back?

            The first buffer always has a grey line at left of the window; what's
            that and how do I get rid of it? Other buffers have some extra space on
            the left side too. I have line numbers on and on the left side of the
            line numbers there's some empty space, how do I get rid of that?

            Also the cursor stays always on the screen when I scroll the window
            down. This is, I don't want it to follow the scrolling. Can I make it
            keep it's position?

            --antti