turn caps-lock into ctrl key?

  • Ken Kameda
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27 2:22 PM
      I'm used to having the Control key next to the A on
      the keyboard, from my old Unix days. I've found ways
      to turn the Caps-lock key into a Control key on
      Windows. Does anyone know of a way to do this on OS 9
      or X?

      - Ken Kameda

      http://phone.yahoo.com
    • Sven Guckes
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28 7:45 PM
        * Ken Kameda <kenkameda@...> [010927 21:22]:
        > I'm used to having the Control key next to the A on
        > the keyboard, from my old Unix days. I've found ways
        > to turn the Caps-lock key into a Control key on Windows.
        > Does anyone know of a way to do this on OS 9 or X?

        I dont know anbything about MacOSX - but
        if it supports X like God intended it to
        then you could configure it via your
        $HOME/.xmodmap file:

        clear Lock
        keycode 66 = Escape