[ANN] Vim unicode patch 7.0047

  • Da Woon Jung
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7 9:39 PM

      I've updated my Unicode and localized menus patch for the forthcoming
      Vim 7 (Mac OS X). As before, a 10.3 Panther binary (+cscope +perl
      +python +ruby +tcl) plus a source patch is available at
      http://macvim.org/OSX/.

      The previous disclaimers still apply. This patch is unofficial and any
      questions regarding it should be sent directly to me. Also, Vim 7
      itself is still in alpha so please don't upload it to file download
      sites yet.

      Changes in 7.0047:
      - Fixed crash on quit after browsing remote (ftp, etc) files
      - Updated to latest Vim patch level

      Vim (Vi-IMproved) is a version of the Vi text editor that has a gui
      and other usability enhancements. The OS X version is written in
      Carbon.

      The Unicode patch adds:
      - Support for non-latin (e.g., CJK) languages
      - Automatic localized menus matching the current system language

      Cheers,
      DW
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21 12:14 PM
        Da Woon -

        I have included your patches for Unicode support. They will be in the
        next snapshot.

        I verified that the code compiles (on OS X 10.2.8). The console version
        appears to work fine. The GUI however has problems. The default font
        looks ugly. The font selector allows using proportional fonts, which
        won't work. Typing does not work at all. The menus work fine and mouse
        work fine though.

        - Bram

        --
        "Hit any key to continue" it said, but nothing happened after F sharp.