colorscheme in vimrc doesn't work

  • Scott Aikin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
      I'm running Mac Vim version 6.2 for Mac OSX.

      I have a problem with the colorscheme command. I have it set like
      this in my .vimrc file:

      colorscheme koehler

      When vim opens it doesn't use this colorscheme but when I ask it
      to tell me what scheme I'm using, it says koehler. I'm not running
      through the terminal. I've tried everything to make this work and
      am hitting my head up against the wall. Other commands in my
      .vimrc file work so I know the location of the file is not a problem.
      When I select the color scheme through the color schemes menu
      it works fine.

      Please help!
      Thank you,
      - Scott
    • Christian Zagrodnick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2005
        Hi

        just use

        au GUIEnter * colorscheme koehler

        Took me quite a while to figure that out, too.

        --
        Christian Zagrodnick

        gocept gmbh & co. kg · schalaunische strasse 6 · 06366 koethen
        www.gocept.com · fon. +49 3496 3099112 · fax. +49 3496 3099118
      • Scott Aikin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2005
          Thanks man!

          I actually found another method that works. I was working
          with .vimrc which works fine for mapping keys and what-not
          but .gvimrc was what did it for me for the colorscheme.

          Finally got it!!
          - Scott