Re: :make doesn't work with GUI

  • Matthew Stott
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2005
      On Friday, January 14, 2005, at 05:57PM, B McKee <binlinux@...> wrote:

      Why are you running two different executables?

      You should run /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim and pass the -g switch for
      the GUI version if you are running from the command line console.

      You could setup an alias in .bashrc:

      alias vim="/Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim"
      alias gvim="/Appliations/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g"

      Your /usr/local/bin/gvim is not the OS X Carbon ViM. At least not the binary version
      available for OS X. (maybe you compiled your own version? Or it's a Fink install?)
      The binary release of Carbon ViM includes Perl, Python, Ruby, and TCL support. There
      is little reason to compile it yourself.

      The error '/bin/bash: tee: No such file or directory' means you don't have the tee
      executable or it's missing from your Path. On second thought, perhaps you are missing
      Perl support within the /usr/local/bin/gvim executable.

      Either way, you should not be using the /usr/local/bin/gvim version but the
      /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g instead...

      Matthew J. Stott stottm@...