Vim 6.0 beta for MacOS

  • Mac Vim Support
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 19, 2001
      Hi everyone,

      i have finally compiled Vim 6.0av for MacOS Classic (not 68k yet.)

      It is on my new website at:
      http://homepage.mac.com/macvim/index.html

      The Explorer is disabled because there are problems with filenames,
      everything else is ready for testing. (It comes with runtime files
      included in the archive.)

      This version compiled with only one missing prototype error right out
      of the box with CW Pro2.

      A MacOSX only, console version is available at
      http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/welcome.html#vim
      I have nothing to do with that port, just wanted to let you know.
    • Sven Guckes
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 22, 2001
        * Mac Vim Support <macvim@...> [010921 04:18]:
        > i have finally compiled Vim 6.0av for MacOS Classic (not 68k yet.)
        > It is on my new website at:
        > http://homepage.mac.com/macvim/index.html
        > (It comes with runtime files included in the archive.)

        Axel (Kielhorn) - you should add you name when sending such mails.
        And considering the amount of addresses you CCed - do we
        need another maillist for announcements to the Mac version?
        vim-mac-announce@...?

        Besides, how about Vim-6.0ax now? ;-)

        > The Explorer is disabled because there are
        > problems with filenames, everything else is
        > ready for testing.

        what kind of "problems with filenames"?

        > This version compiled with only one missing
        > prototype error right out of the box with CW Pro2.

        :-)

        > A MacOSX only, console version is available at
        > http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/welcome.html#vim
        > I have nothing to do with that port, just wanted to let you know.

        Thanks!

        I hope that we will soon merge www.vim.org with vim.sf.net -
        then somebody should take over the maintenance to the Mac page.
        Axel? Dany? Anyone?

        Sven [IIvx 68K processor 20Mb RAM -
        too slow for extensive tests]

        --
        Sven Guckes@... MacVim - Vim for Macintoshs: http://www.vim.org/macs.html
        VIM-MAC Mail List - Questions on Usage: vim-mac-@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 23, 2001
          At 2:12 Uhr +0200 2001-09-23, Sven Guckes wrote:

          >Axel (Kielhorn) - you should add you name when sending such mails.

          I thought I did and was supprised when the mail arrived with neither
          my name nor signature.

          >And considering the amount of addresses you CCed - do we
          >need another maillist for announcements to the Mac version?
          > vim-mac-announce@...?

          I don't think so. Since vim-mac is really low traffic, it sholdn't be
          a problem for them Vim users to subscribe to this list.

          >Besides, how about Vim-6.0ax now? ;-)

          One Vim at a time:-)

          >> The Explorer is disabled because there are
          >> problems with filenames, everything else is
          >> ready for testing.
          >
          >what kind of "problems with filenames"?

          The ususal conversion between : an /.

          Axel
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 26, 2001
            Mac Vim Support wrote:

            [snip]

            > The Explorer is disabled because there are problems with filenames,
            > everything else is ready for testing. (It comes with runtime files
            > included in the archive.)
            [snip]

            I may have a look at this tomorrow. Since this may be a big job,
            please get in touch with me if you have similar plans, so we can avoid
            duplication of effort.

            --Benji Fisher
          • Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 26, 2001
              At 16:43 Uhr +0200 2001-09-19, Mac Vim Support wrote:

              Update:

              I have finally compiled Vom 6.0 ax for PPC and put it on the MacVim iDisk:

              http://homepage.mac.com/macvim/index.html

              There are still problems with the Explorer.

              Axel
            • Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 26, 2001
                At 11:00 Uhr -0400 2001-09-26, Benji Fisher wrote:
                >Mac Vim Support wrote:
                >>
                >[snip]
                >>
                >> The Explorer is disabled because there are problems with filenames,
                >> everything else is ready for testing. (It comes with runtime files
                >> included in the archive.)
                >[snip]
                >
                > I may have a look at this tomorrow. Since this may be a big job,
                >please get in touch with me if you have similar plans, so we can avoid
                >duplication of effort.

                Hi Benji,

                I'm uploading 6.0ax right now but won't have time to do anything with
                Vim this weekend. Please keep me up to date with your changes.

                Axel