[vim-mac] Re: Dany's vim is official vim? (Vim 5.6 for Macintosh available)

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2000
      Sven Guckes wrote:

      > * Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> [000318 21:05]:
      > > The binary for Vim version 5.6 is now also available for the
      > > Macintosh. It was compiled and packed by Dany St-Amant.
      >
      > http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/vim/macs.html is updated.
      > Mirror www.vim.org should catch up tonight.
      >
      > Is Dany's version the official version now? Just wondering.
      >
      > Sven

      I think that whatever Bram uploads to ftp.vim.org is the "official
      version."

      Axel Kielhorn has been away from his computer for a while :( . He
      left before vim 5.6 was released. At some point, Dany St. Amant posted
      a binary for vim-mac 5.6 but never announced it. I noticed it and
      pointed it out to Bram. He was having trouble uploading to the new
      ftp.vim.org; when that got resolved, he posted the binaries and
      announced it.

      When I got my copy, it was packaged with a rather non-standard
      vimrc file. Has this survived to the version on ftp.vim.org?

      --Benji Fisher
    • Eugene Lee
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2000
        On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 10:20:57PM -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:

        [Vim 5.6 for MacOS]

        : When I got my copy, it was packaged with a rather non-standard
        :vimrc file. Has this survived to the version on ftp.vim.org?

        I think so. I saw Bram's posting and downloaded it, then realized that
        it was Dany's January build. But the non-standard vimrc file is part of
        the MacOS distribution. All the command-key map bindings were commented
        out; I uncommented most of them without problems, but there are two that
        I've left out because they don't work right with cut-and-paste commands.

        Now if only the cursor could blink in MacOS...

        --
        Eugene Lee
        eugene@...