Re:

  • Unnsse Khan
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 3 9:45 PM
      Hello vimmers,

      I am fairly new to BASH.... I thought that you should run it against a file
      (after you modified it) so you wouldn't have to re-open the shell (in order
      , to use the new changes to make effect.

      That's the only thing that I was trying to accomplish with the BASH shell.

      Somebody from this community had given me advice to use Bitstream Vera Sans
      Mono (so I could change the font coloring).... That's the only reason I used
      it...

      Also, I put the change you requested in the .vimrc file and my .gvimrc and
      .vimrc files have this content:

      Raven:~ untz$ cat .vimrc
      set nocompatible
      set backspace=indent,eol,start
      syntax on
      colorscheme torte
      set ts=4
      set nu!
      set gfn=monaco:h18
      Raven:~ untz$

      The font size is still not increased... Does anyone know how to alleviate
      this problem?

      With thanks,

      Unnsse

    • Chris Devers
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 8 5:27 PM
        On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, gerd schmalfeld wrote:

        > i unsubscribed now four times, but i am still getting the list mails.
        >
        > As Axel wrote maybe i am not subscribed with this address, but if the
        > mails i am sending from this address are reaching the list, that means
        > that i am subscribed with this address, correct?

        Well, maybe.

        Since you're already spamming the list, we may as well do this properly.

        Please send the list a copy of a message you're getting, including all
        the headers, so we can see what address is the true recipient. With that
        available, you should be able to unsubscribe yourself.

        > So please be so kind to unsubscribe me.

        For nearly every mailing list I've been on, the tools for subscribing
        and unsubscribing are made plainly available to the subscriber. For
        nearly every mailing list I've been on, an administrative message was
        sent describing how to unsubscribe in the future. Did you save yours?
        Presumably not, or you would have been able to take care of this by
        yourself several weeks ago.

        Sorry Gerd, but you put yourself in this situation, and most of the
        readers of this list can't get you out of it -- if you can't figure it
        out yourself, only the list admin can help, not the list subscribers.
        The best thing for you to do would be to track down and follow the
        instructions for leaving the list; if you can't find them, you can
        always get a new copy by re-subscribing and then un-subscribing twice.

        Good luck!

        --
        Chris Devers