Re: Problems compiling 6.0ap

  • Mac Vim Support
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2001
      >I started to update INSTALLmac.txt, as there's now too many way to compile vim on a Mac. I have attached a copy, its a bit drafty and the old file is still at the end, but it should help. Comments are more than welcome.

      Here is the additional information needed for MPW and the build scripts to make live easier. With this information it is possible to compile Vim but the resulting program isn't very useful.

      Nevertheless, after mastering the first steps with MPW (it took me some time to understand how MPW works) it should be possible to attack problems in the code.

      BTW, the compiler complains about unused variables in gui_mac.c and a ; in farsi.c. I haven't submitted patches for that yet.

      Axel

      PS: CreateVimMake and CreateVimMake.carbon contain only one line each. Just in case some program tries to reformat these files.
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2001
        Axel Kielhorn wrote:

        > >I started to update INSTALLmac.txt, as there's now too many way to compile
        > >vim on a Mac. I have attached a copy, its a bit drafty and the old file is
        > >still at the end, but it should help. Comments are more than welcome.
        >
        > Here is the additional information needed for MPW and the build scripts to
        > make live easier. With this information it is possible to compile Vim but
        > the resulting program isn't very useful.

        I'll apply the diff. Please keep updating the file.

        Should I include the build scripts with the distribution? And in which
        directory? They look like the "src" path is included.

        242. You turn down a better-paying job because it doesn't come with
        a free e-mail account.