Re: Vim cursor

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
      Jan Eden wrote:

      > there is one feature in gvim I really like, namely the change of the
      > cursor to a thin line to reflect the insert mode. Is this available in
      > the CLI version, too?

      If you can find out the escape sequence that the terminal uses to change
      the cursor shape.

      Currently sending an escape sequence on entering/leaving Insert mode is
      not implemented for Mac OS, but it's quite simple to add. Thinking of
      this, a generic solution would be to add entries to allow you to set the
      escape sequences. Then you can set them when you know what the terminal
      supports.

      --
      Contrary to popular belief, it's often your clothing that gets promoted, not
      you.

    • Jan Eden
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
        Hi Bram,

        Bram Moolenaar wrote on 07.12.2004:

        >Jan Eden wrote:
        >
        >>there is one feature in gvim I really like, namely the change of
        >>the cursor to a thin line to reflect the insert mode. Is this
        >>available in the CLI version, too?
        >
        >If you can find out the escape sequence that the terminal uses to
        >change the cursor shape.
        >
        >Currently sending an escape sequence on entering/leaving Insert mode
        >is not implemented for Mac OS, but it's quite simple to add.
        >Thinking of this, a generic solution would be to add entries to
        >allow you to set the escape sequences. Then you can set them when
        >you know what the terminal supports.

        Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with escape sequences in Apple's Terminal, but I will try to find something on this.

        Cheers,

        Jan
        --
        Remember: use logout to logout.