Re: Help with invoking GUI vim on OSX.

  • Jan Eden
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2004

      Unnsse Khan wrote on 06.12.2004:

      >Fellow vimmers:
      >
      >In context to my recent previous e-mails...
      >
      >When I tried to run gvim by appending the -g to vim, manually, I got
      >this:
      >
      >Raven:~ untz$ vim -g E25: GUI cannot be used: Not enabled at compile
      >time Raven:~ untz$
      >
      >Does anyone know how I can get this working (as gvim is my Holy
      >Grail for writing code)?

      I described how to compile a GUI version of Vim on my website (in German, but the commands should be self-explaining):

      <http://janeden.org/cgi-bin/show.pl?id=2546>

      I believe you can also download a precompiled version at

      <http://www.macvim.org/>

      HTH,

      Jan
      --
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.