Help with invoking GUI vim on OSX.

  • Unnsse Khan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2004
      Fellow vimmers:

      In context to my recent previous e-mails...

      When I tried to run gvim by appending the -g to vim, manually, I got this:

      Raven:~ untz$ vim -g
      E25: GUI cannot be used: Not enabled at compile time
      Raven:~ untz$

      Does anyone know how I can get this working (as gvim is my Holy Grail for
      writing code)?

      Happy holidays!

      -Unnsse
    • Jan Eden
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2004

        Unnsse Khan wrote on 06.12.2004:

        >Fellow vimmers:
        >
        >In context to my recent previous e-mails...
        >
        >When I tried to run gvim by appending the -g to vim, manually, I got
        >this:
        >
        >Raven:~ untz$ vim -g E25: GUI cannot be used: Not enabled at compile
        >time Raven:~ untz$
        >
        >Does anyone know how I can get this working (as gvim is my Holy
        >Grail for writing code)?

        I described how to compile a GUI version of Vim on my website (in German, but the commands should be self-explaining):

        <http://janeden.org/cgi-bin/show.pl?id=2546>

        I believe you can also download a precompiled version at

        <http://www.macvim.org/>

        HTH,

        Jan
        --
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.