Re: CJK and Xcode integration

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2004
      Da Woon Jung wrote:

      > I'm a regular Vim user and Carbon/Cocoa developer trying to get CJK (in
      > particular, Hangul) to work in OS X Vim. As it is, it sort of works
      > after setting guifont correctly and switching on encoding=utf-8 but
      > some words are not typing correctly. Moreover, direct input results in
      > gibberish being typed, and monotype fonts combined with double-width
      > characters looks squashed. If these are known bugs, I'd like to help
      > out with fixing them. I've tried compiling from CVS with multibyte
      > enabled but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

      There are a few known problems with input modes in utf-8. So far we
      have not found someone who will work on this. Thus if you can improve
      this stuff that would be very much appreciated. I really want the utf-8
      support to work properly.

      > Also I've noticed that when I set Vim as the editor for Xcode, things
      > like double-clicking on Find results and compile errors take me to the
      > correct source file and line! This must be some Apple Event magic (my
      > Emacs-using friend was suitably impressed by this), except Vim is slow
      > to respond. So if I double click a find result in Xcode, the Vim window
      > immediately pops to the front with the correct file, but I have to
      > click anywhere on the Vim window to make it go to the line.

      Vim probably doesn't "wake up" and an event is needed to get going
      again. I don't know what event is sent to Vim, apparently it's not
      handled properly.

      > Another issue is compile errors go to the previous line, as if line
      > indexing is off by one. I'd like to help out with fixing these too.

      That should be easy to fix, when you know what event is sent to Vim.
      I don't have Xcode, thus I can't try it out.

      > My system: OS X 10.3.6, Vim 6.3.35 (CVS), Xcode 1.5

      If you start working on this, please do this with Vim 7. It's in
      another branch of CVS. You can send me patches.

      --
      Managers are like cats in a litter box. They instinctively shuffle things
      around to conceal what they've done.