Re: Vim 6.3 mac OS X

  • Preben 'Peppe' Guldberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2004
      bongoman wrote:

      > But when I opened a large file of about 1mb (28000 lines), then I
      > noticed that things get really slow. It is actually the vimtips file
      > from vim.org

      Sometimes vim's syntax highlighting can cause it to slow down. I suppose
      the same goes for folding, depending on how it is done. Anyway, try the
      following commands to see if they make a difference

      :syntax off
      :set nofoldenable

      Peppe
      --
      se nocp cpo=BceFsx!$ hid bs=2 ls=2 hls ic " P. Guldberg /bin/vi@...
      se scs ai isf-== fdo-=block cino=t0,:0 hi=100 ru so=4 noea lz|if has('unix')