Vim 6.3 mac OS X

  • bongoman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2004
      Not sure if this is the right place for a question but here goes.

      Am running Vim 6.3 on OS X as a gui version. Have been making great
      strides learning Vim and wondering where it has been all my life!

      But when I opened a large file of about 1mb (28000 lines), then I
      noticed that things get really slow. It is actually the vimtips file
      from vim.org

      I'm surprised that Vim is getting bogged down or mayeb I'm missing
      something. There are folds in the file as well at every tip.

      bongoman
    • Preben 'Peppe' Guldberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2004
        bongoman wrote:

        > But when I opened a large file of about 1mb (28000 lines), then I
        > noticed that things get really slow. It is actually the vimtips file
        > from vim.org

        Sometimes vim's syntax highlighting can cause it to slow down. I suppose
        the same goes for folding, depending on how it is done. Anyway, try the
        following commands to see if they make a difference

        :syntax off
        :set nofoldenable

        Peppe
        --
        se nocp cpo=BceFsx!$ hid bs=2 ls=2 hls ic " P. Guldberg /bin/vi@...
        se scs ai isf-== fdo-=block cino=t0,:0 hi=100 ru so=4 noea lz|if has('unix')