Re: vim file creator problems

  • Eugene Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13 5:33 PM
      On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 03:04:57PM +0100, Stewart Smith wrote:
      :
      : I've just been lent a powerbook 520
      : (68k, MacOS 7.5.1) to use at home to let me try and get some of my
      : thesis written and I've spent most of today getting the 5.7.9+ version
      : of Mac Vim from Axel Keilhorn's site and setting it up on the laptop.
      : Anwyay it all works fine except that all of the help files and any
      : files that the 68k version creates are marked so that the computer
      : thinks that it was the PPC version that created them. This means I
      : have to drop them into the 68k appicon in order to run them as I get
      : an error if I try to double click to open them. Has this come up
      : before? Are there any fixes that would be easy for a Mac novice?
      : Thanks in advance for any help.

      Just trash the PPC version. Finder should then use the 68k version, as
      that's the only version available.

      --
      Eugene Lee
      eugene@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14 5:22 AM
        Dick Brooks wrote:

        > Stewart,
        > I think you can cause the finder to "re-associate" files with the 68k vim
        > executable by deleting the PPC executable and then "rebuilding the desktop".
        > You may wish to refer to AppleCare Tech Info Library article 7828 at: http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n7828 which explains how to
        > do this. Good luck.
        > --
        > Regards,
        > Richard Brooks
        > dickb@...

        Thanks for the help. That did the trick. Also thanks to Eugene Lee for the
        other reply. Now I'm just going to have to get used to not having ^a mapped to
        fmt.

        Stewart
        --
        Stewart Smith
        Scottish Microelectronics Centre, University of Edinburgh.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14 11:40 AM
          On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 01:22:31PM +0100, Stewart Smith wrote:
          :
          : Thanks for the help. That did the trick. Also thanks to Eugene Lee for the
          : other reply. Now I'm just going to have to get used to not having ^a mapped to
          : fmt.

          Why need fmt when 'gq' does so much more? :-)

          --
          Eugene Lee
          eugene@...