Re: Vim 6.0 for 68Ks?

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2001

      > Originally the port started on CodeWarrior 9.
      > I currently use CodeWarrior Pro Release 5 (on MacOS 9)

      Would Code Warrior Pro 4 work OK? Also, you have any idea on where to get a "cheap" (hahaha) version of it? Also, would the Learning Edition work? The lack of optimization will suck, but I could probably live with that... I wouldn't be able to distribute any of the binaries that I made due to the license, and it claims that I wouldn't be able to generate cross-platform code. I don't know if this means cross-platform as in making 68K/FAT binaries and/or Windows binaries... At least I'd be able to uppgrade to the full version a little cheaper when I could better afford it...

      (I sure hope my 7100 is up to the challenge of compiling VIM... It has a hard enough time running the MacOS sometimes... Then again OS9 wasn't really meant for the 601 chip... ;)

      > and Project Builder (on MacOS X).
      >
      > The included CodeWarrior project is currently out-of-date

      Where could I get the up-to-date project? And when will your page be updated? I want something newer than a 5.6 binary! ;)

      > (at least for Vim 6 alpha, I didn't check Vim 5 for a while)
      >
      > MPW is supposely supported, I never try it so I don't know, but there's
      > have been change to allow compilation. Unfortunately some functionality

      I guess I'll try one of these days soon... Kinda curious what will be missing...

      If it is, it's only slightly... ;) After all I can only read 800K floppies... Check out http://www.classicmacaddict.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?go=profiles/subprofiles/se.html and http://www.classicmacaddict.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?go=profiles/subprofiles/classic.html

      > Improvement of the syntax highlighting code, its slow on all platform.
      > There's something on the todo.txt about this.
      Welp, I guess after I get it compiled, I'm gonna see what I can do. Admittedly, it probably won't be much... But I'll try!

      --Matt