vim60am: Patch for various thing

  • Dany St-Amant
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10 7:15 AM

      here's a summary of the changes:

      Vim can now be renamed under MacOS X. (Runtime file will be found)

      Obsolete use of "macintosh"
      Now all code refer to FEAT_GUI_MAC (for gui code), MACOS_CLASSIC (for
      what specific for MacOS prior to MacOS X), MACOS_X (for what is specific
      to MacOS X) and MACOS (for any version of MacOS.

      The above gives:
      -Multibyte enabled (don't know out to test this, but doesn't crash)
      -Command key now work on MacOS X

      :r! and :%! for MacOS
      To get shell commands, vim can now be compiled with os_unix.c instead of
      os_mac.c
      (The :! send the output to gdb for some reason)
      (some functionality may not work yet due to exclusion of os_mac.c)
      (change the OTHER_CFLAGS from -DMACOS_X to -DMACOS_X_UNIX to use this)

      Filename completion made case-insensitive to follow Terminal.app behavior

      Speed improvement of MacOS X
      by changing BREAKCHECK_SKIP, it seem that the Carbon Event verification
      procedures are terribly slow under MacOS X

      Patches are available at:
      http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/vim60am.unixmac.diff.gz
      http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/os_macosx.c
      http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/os_mac.pbproj.big.tar.
      gz

      Dany
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 10 12:50 PM
        Dany St Amant wrote:

        > here's a summary of the changes:

        Phew, that's a big one. I'll include it.

        How about this line in term.c:

        + # warning DANY 2

        And later:

        ! # warning DANY 1

        I'll not include those.

        I spot some problems with FEAT_MOUSE_TTY. Looks like the mouse shape isn't
        updated when it should. I'll change some of them back to FEAT_MOUSE.

        I don't see why you define HAVE_DROP_FILE in vim.h. It's already defined in
        gui.h.

        One thing that appears to be missing is some updates for the documentation...

        170. You introduce your wife as "my_lady@..." and refer to your
        children as "forked processes."

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10 12:50 PM

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 10 3:14 PM
            Le Mardi 10 juillet 2001, à 03:50, Bram Moolenaar a écrit :

            > Dany St Amant wrote:
            >
            >> here's a summary of the changes:
            >
            > Phew, that's a big one. I'll include it.
            >
            > How about this line in term.c:
            >
            > + # warning DANY 2
            >
            > And later:
            >
            > ! # warning DANY 1
            >
            > I'll not include those.

            Doh! Forgot to remove those, I was trying to find who was calling a
            undefined_symbol.

            > I spot some problems with FEAT_MOUSE_TTY. Looks like the mouse shape
            > isn't
            > updated when it should. I'll change some of them back to FEAT_MOUSE.

            Ok, I'll try to handle it better next time. It's hard to untie the
            console code from the gui code. I was thinking I took the proper step to
            avoid breaking the mouse shape.

            > I don't see why you define HAVE_DROP_FILE in vim.h. It's already
            > defined in
            > gui.h.

            It seem that its also define twice for Windows.

            > One thing that appears to be missing is some updates for the
            > documentation...

            My C is better than my English (At least I think so)

            Dany