vim60am: Patch for live scrollbar feedback

  • Dany St-Amant
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4 7:03 PM

      I fixed a problem with the live feedback of the scrollbar
      (unfortunately, the thumb still doesn't provide live feedback).

      Behaviour which are fixed by this patch:

      MacOS 9: After a short time of scrolling, the scrolling would stop.
      MacOS X: One click was causing a page up/down, but the thumb was moving
      to reach the mouse pointer.

      The bug happened to be the code I cloned from the Windows port, which
      they fixed later on. The patch can be found at:

      http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/6.0/patch/vim60am.scroll.diff

      Dany
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5 2:39 AM
        Dany St-Amant wrote:

        > I fixed a problem with the live feedback of the scrollbar
        > (unfortunately, the thumb still doesn't provide live feedback).
        >
        > Behaviour which are fixed by this patch:
        >
        > MacOS 9: After a short time of scrolling, the scrolling would stop.
        > MacOS X: One click was causing a page up/down, but the thumb was moving
        > to reach the mouse pointer.
        >
        > The bug happened to be the code I cloned from the Windows port, which
        > they fixed later on. The patch can be found at:
        >
        > http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/6.0/patch/vim60am.scroll.diff

        Sounds like a good patch. Unfortunately, I can't find it!

        --
        A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are lost.

      • Dany St-Amant
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5 4:16 AM
          Le Jeudi 5 juillet 2001, à 05:39, Bram Moolenaar a écrit :

          > Dany St-Amant wrote:
          >
          >> I fixed a problem with the live feedback of the scrollbar
          >> (unfortunately, the thumb still doesn't provide live feedback).
          >>
          >> Behaviour which are fixed by this patch:
          >>
          >> MacOS 9: After a short time of scrolling, the scrolling would stop.
          >> MacOS X: One click was causing a page up/down, but the thumb was moving
          >> to reach the mouse pointer.
          >>
          >> The bug happened to be the code I cloned from the Windows port, which
          >> they fixed later on. The patch can be found at:
          >>
          >> http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/6.0/patch/vim60am.scroll.diff
          >
          > Sounds like a good patch. Unfortunately, I can't find it!

          I think I should proofread my e-mail a bit better, i flip two path
          components.

          http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/vim60am.scroll.diff

          Dany
        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5 4:56 AM
            Dany St-Amant wrote:

            > >> they fixed later on. The patch can be found at:
            > >>
            > >> http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/6.0/patch/vim60am.scroll.diff
            > >
            > > Sounds like a good patch. Unfortunately, I can't find it!
            >
            > I think I should proofread my e-mail a bit better, i flip two path=20
            > components.
            >
            > http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/vim60am.scroll.diff

            Ah, didn't guess that variant. I'll include it now, thanks.

            - Bram

            106. When told to "go to your room" you inform your parents that you
            can't...because you were kicked out and banned.