[vim-mac] Python-enabled binary for Mac OS and Win32

  • Nils Kassube
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27, 2000
      Guten Abend.

      After asking this question on four newsgroups, including
      comp.editors and comp.lang.python, and a few mailing lists,
      is there really no one using Python with Vim on the Mac or
      with Win32?

      I'm _really_ interested in a Python-enabled Vim binary for
      the Macintosh and Win32. _All_ of the links at vim.org which
      I tried point to a release compiled w/o the +python option.

      Cheers,
      Nils
      --
      nika@... (preferred)
      4kassube@...-hamburg.de
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2000
        For what it's worth, I'm using vim on the mac daily, and most of the
        coding is for Python. I'd be enormously interested in having +python as
        well.

        --p

        --
        Patrick Curtain, Husband & Father ( i also write software )
        503 781 6199 patrick@... http://www.swdev.com/
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2000
          All it takes is a compiler and a web page. I can supply the
          latter, if no one else will, although Axel Kielhorn is the more natural
          candidate. He should be back at his computer soon...

          --Benji Fisher

          Patrick Curtain wrote:

          > For what it's worth, I'm using vim on the mac daily, and most of the
          > coding is for Python. I'd be enormously interested in having +python as
          > well.
          >
          > --p
          >
          > Nils Kassube wrote:
          >
          > > Guten Abend.
          > >
          > > After asking this question on four newsgroups, including
          > > comp.editors and comp.lang.python, and a few mailing lists,
          > > is there really no one using Python with Vim on the Mac or
          > > with Win32?
          > >
          > > I'm _really_ interested in a Python-enabled Vim binary for
          > > the Macintosh and Win32. _All_ of the links at vim.org which
          > > I tried point to a release compiled w/o the +python option.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Nils
        • Nils Kassube
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2000
            Benji Fisher wrote:

            > All it takes is a compiler and a web page. I can supply the
            > latter, if no one else will, although Axel Kielhorn is the more natural
            > candidate. He should be back at his computer soon...

            Finally some progress :-)

            I can offer space on two web sites, but I don't have a recent
            version of CodeWarrior, otherwise this already would have
            happened.

            Cheers,
            Nils
            --
            nika@... (preferred)
            4kassube@...-hamburg.de
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 27, 2000
              Same limitation here. No codewarrior in-house.

              Was there any other issue, related to getting a link to the python
              interpreter or anything? That's where I *thought* the hold-ups resided.

              --p