[vim-mac] Re: Building vim-6.0am under OS X

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2 10:45 AM
      Dany St-Amant wrote:

      > Unfortunately, the project file doesn't work as is.
      > But you can make it work by doing the following step.
      >
      > Make sure os_mac.pbxproj is in UNIX format.
      > Create a new folder in src/
      > Move the os_mac.pbxproj into the new folder
      > Rename it project.pbxproj
      > Rename the new folder os_mac.pbproj

      OK, I'll do that.

      > P.S.: I suggest to use Vim from the Boot Volume, as there's a problem
      > finding the RUNTIME directrory otherwise.

      Perhaps this should be mentioned in INSTALLmac.txt?

      74. Your most erotic dreams are about cybersex

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2 10:45 AM
        Dany St-Amant wrote:

        > Unfortunately, the project file doesn't work as is.
        > But you can make it work by doing the following step.
        >
        > Make sure os_mac.pbxproj is in UNIX format.
        > Create a new folder in src/
        > Move the os_mac.pbxproj into the new folder
        > Rename it project.pbxproj
        > Rename the new folder os_mac.pbproj

        OK, I'll do that.

        > P.S.: I suggest to use Vim from the Boot Volume, as there's a problem
        > finding the RUNTIME directrory otherwise.

        Perhaps this should be mentioned in INSTALLmac.txt?

        74. Your most erotic dreams are about cybersex

      • Dany St-Amant
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2 10:47 AM
          on 2/07/01 12:27, Dany St-Amant at dany.stamant@... wrote:

          > on 1/07/01 22:01, Ken Scott at kscott-list@... wrote:
          >

          >> I'm new to trying to build Vim on Mac OS X. I understand that this should be
          >> possible, but Project Builder will not open the file os_mac.pbxproj file.
          >>
          >> [...]
          >
          > Unfortunately, the project file doesn't work as is.
          >
          > [...]
          >
          > P.S.: I suggest to use Vim from the Boot Volume, as there's a problem
          > finding the RUNTIME directrory otherwise.

          I just uploaded a project which should work right away.

          http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/os_mac.pbproj.tar.gz

          I also have a fix (which still need some soaking) to allow Vim to reside
          on any Volume. (Bram, if you're listening, I will ship you a cleaner
          patch later this week.)

          http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/vim60am.nonroot.diff

          Dany
        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2 11:32 AM
            Dany St-Amant wrote:

            > I just uploaded a project which should work right away.
            >
            > http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/os_mac.pbproj.tar.gz
            >
            > I also have a fix (which still need some soaking) to allow Vim to reside
            > on any Volume. (Bram, if you're listening, I will ship you a cleaner
            > patch later this week.)

            I'm listening. You might have noticed that we are heading for a beta release
            now. Thus please try to finish it up and send me a patch a this week.

            79. All of your most erotic dreams have a scrollbar at the right side.

          • Bram Moolenaar
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 2 11:32 AM