Re: Building vim-6.0am under OS X

  • Dany St-Amant
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
      on 1/07/01 22:01, Ken Scott at kscott-list@... wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm new to trying to build Vim on Mac OS X. I understand that this should be
      > possible, but Project Builder will not open the file os_mac.pbxproj file.
      >
      > I was able to build a console Vim with no problems, but I would really like
      > to have a gvim to use.
      >
      > Any suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Ken

      Unfortunately, the project file doesn't work as is.
      But you can make it work by doing the following step.

      Make sure os_mac.pbxproj is in UNIX format.
      Create a new folder in src/
      Move the os_mac.pbxproj into the new folder
      Rename it project.pbxproj
      Rename the new folder os_mac.pbproj

      as I was trying to get the file to work I also

      chmod a+w os_mac.pbproj
      chmod og-rx os_mac.pbproj
      chmod u+x os_mac.pbproj/project.pbxproj
      chmod a-rw os_mac.pbproj/project.pbxproj

      But I don't think those are needed.

      Sorry for the inconvenience

      Dany

      P.S.: I suggest to use Vim from the Boot Volume, as there's a problem
      finding the RUNTIME directrory otherwise.
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
        Dany St-Amant wrote:

        > Unfortunately, the project file doesn't work as is.
        > But you can make it work by doing the following step.
        >
        > Make sure os_mac.pbxproj is in UNIX format.
        > Create a new folder in src/
        > Move the os_mac.pbxproj into the new folder
        > Rename it project.pbxproj
        > Rename the new folder os_mac.pbproj

        OK, I'll do that.

        > P.S.: I suggest to use Vim from the Boot Volume, as there's a problem
        > finding the RUNTIME directrory otherwise.

        Perhaps this should be mentioned in INSTALLmac.txt?

        74. Your most erotic dreams are about cybersex

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
            on 2/07/01 12:27, Dany St-Amant at dany.stamant@... wrote:

            > on 1/07/01 22:01, Ken Scott at kscott-list@... wrote:
            >

            >> I'm new to trying to build Vim on Mac OS X. I understand that this should be
            >> possible, but Project Builder will not open the file os_mac.pbxproj file.
            >>
            >> [...]
            >
            > Unfortunately, the project file doesn't work as is.
            >
            > [...]
            >
            > P.S.: I suggest to use Vim from the Boot Volume, as there's a problem
            > finding the RUNTIME directrory otherwise.

            I just uploaded a project which should work right away.

            http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/os_mac.pbproj.tar.gz

            I also have a fix (which still need some soaking) to allow Vim to reside
            on any Volume. (Bram, if you're listening, I will ship you a cleaner
            patch later this week.)

            http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/vim60am.nonroot.diff

            Dany
          • Bram Moolenaar
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
              Dany St-Amant wrote:

              > I just uploaded a project which should work right away.
              >
              > http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/os_mac.pbproj.tar.gz
              >
              > I also have a fix (which still need some soaking) to allow Vim to reside
              > on any Volume. (Bram, if you're listening, I will ship you a cleaner
              > patch later this week.)

              I'm listening. You might have noticed that we are heading for a beta release
              now. Thus please try to finish it up and send me a patch a this week.

              79. All of your most erotic dreams have a scrollbar at the right side.

            • Bram Moolenaar
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001