Re: vim60al: MacOS Idle TIme Patch

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2001
      Dany St-Amant wrote:

      > using 'top' under MacOS X, I realized that Vim was chewing up to 80% of
      > the CPU when running idle in background. The following patch is solving
      > this issue. now it take 0% when idle.

      Thanks, I'll include it.

      I notice that your attachment is in a strange format, I have to unpack it by
      hand. Someone said he couldn't see the attachment at all.

      --
      Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?

    • Dany St-Amant
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
        on 30/06/01 4:48, Eugene Lee at eugene@... wrote:

        > On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 06:31:19PM -0400, Dany St-Amant wrote:
        > :
        > : using 'top' under MacOS X, I realized that Vim was chewing up to 80% of
        > : the CPU when running idle in background. The following patch is solving
        > : this issue. now it take 0% when idle.
        >
        > Ummm, what patch? :-)

        I put the patch at:

        http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/vim60al.80.0.diff