vim60al: MacOS Idle TIme Patch

  • Dany St-Amant
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2001

      using 'top' under MacOS X, I realized that Vim was chewing up to 80% of
      the CPU when running idle in background. The following patch is solving
      this issue. now it take 0% when idle.

      Dany
    • Eugene Lee
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2001
        On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 06:31:19PM -0400, Dany St-Amant wrote:
        :
        : using 'top' under MacOS X, I realized that Vim was chewing up to 80% of
        : the CPU when running idle in background. The following patch is solving
        : this issue. now it take 0% when idle.

        Ummm, what patch? :-)

        --
        Eugene Lee
        eugene@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2001
          Dany St-Amant wrote:

          > using 'top' under MacOS X, I realized that Vim was chewing up to 80% of
          > the CPU when running idle in background. The following patch is solving
          > this issue. now it take 0% when idle.

          Thanks, I'll include it.

          I notice that your attachment is in a strange format, I have to unpack it by
          hand. Someone said he couldn't see the attachment at all.

          --
          Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?

        • Dany St-Amant
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
            on 30/06/01 4:48, Eugene Lee at eugene@... wrote:

            > On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 06:31:19PM -0400, Dany St-Amant wrote:
            > :
            > : using 'top' under MacOS X, I realized that Vim was chewing up to 80% of
            > : the CPU when running idle in background. The following patch is solving
            > : this issue. now it take 0% when idle.
            >
            > Ummm, what patch? :-)

            I put the patch at:

            http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/patch/6.0/vim60al.80.0.diff