[vim-mac] Re: Dany's vim is official vim? (Vim 5.6 for Macintosh available)

  • Sven Guckes
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2000
      * Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> [000318 21:05]:
      > The binary for Vim version 5.6 is now also available for the
      > Macintosh. It was compiled and packed by Dany St-Amant.

      http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/vim/macs.html is updated.
      Mirror www.vim.org should catch up tonight.

      Is Dany's version the official version now? Just wondering.

      Sven
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2000
        Sven Guckes wrote:

        > * Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> [000318 21:05]:
        > > The binary for Vim version 5.6 is now also available for the
        > > Macintosh. It was compiled and packed by Dany St-Amant.
        >
        > http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/vim/macs.html is updated.
        > Mirror www.vim.org should catch up tonight.
        >
        > Is Dany's version the official version now? Just wondering.
        >
        > Sven

        I think that whatever Bram uploads to ftp.vim.org is the "official
        version."

        Axel Kielhorn has been away from his computer for a while :( . He
        left before vim 5.6 was released. At some point, Dany St. Amant posted
        a binary for vim-mac 5.6 but never announced it. I noticed it and
        pointed it out to Bram. He was having trouble uploading to the new
        ftp.vim.org; when that got resolved, he posted the binaries and
        announced it.

        When I got my copy, it was packaged with a rather non-standard
        vimrc file. Has this survived to the version on ftp.vim.org?

        --Benji Fisher
      • Eugene Lee
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27, 2000
          On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 10:20:57PM -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:

          [Vim 5.6 for MacOS]

          : When I got my copy, it was packaged with a rather non-standard
          :vimrc file. Has this survived to the version on ftp.vim.org?

          I think so. I saw Bram's posting and downloaded it, then realized that
          it was Dany's January build. But the non-standard vimrc file is part of
          the MacOS distribution. All the command-key map bindings were commented
          out; I uncommented most of them without problems, but there are two that
          I've left out because they don't work right with cut-and-paste commands.

          Now if only the cursor could blink in MacOS...

          --
          Eugene Lee
          eugene@...