Re: Vim60al patches for MacOS

  • Dany St-Amant
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2001
      on 27/06/01 5:28, Bram Moolenaar at Bram@... wrote:

      > Dany St-Amant wrote:
      >
      >> Here's some patches over vim60al which will allow compilation
      >> with Codewarior Pro 5 under MacOS 9 without Carbon interface,
      >> and with Project Builder under MacOS X with Carbon Interface.
      >> (And it doesn't break the Terminal compile under MacOS X)
      >
      > Great. I assume I can include this right now.

      Of course.

      >> -gui_mac.r must be edited to compile under MacOS X vs MacOS 9
      >> (I didn't find the #ifdef to use yet)
      >
      > Could you make a remark about that in src/INSTALLmac.txt?
      > That file probably needs a bit of updating anyway.

      I'll try to update it and as well as the help file.
      (As I want to stop coding until I get vim60am)

      >> -explorer.vim slow down Vim startup (due to errors)
      >> -Carbon version under MacOS X is slower than Classic version.
      >> -Vim cannot be renamed to something else
      >> (or it won't be able to find the $VINRUTIME)
      >> -$HOME is supported under MacOS X, but ~ is not.
      >
      > I'll add these to the todo list.
      >
      >> src/vim.pbxproj: Project Builder's "Makefile"
      >
      > Can this file be renamed? It would be clearer if it contained "mac"
      > somewhere.

      I hope it can be renamed (I already did so, it was called project.pbxproj).
      This is the first time I publish a .pbxproj so I don't know what are all
      the requirement around it.

      >> Note:
      >> ----
      >> Change in eval.c may not be needed, the untar I used on MacOS 9 seem to
      >> created inconsistent end-of-line
      >
      > Aren't you referrning to ex_getln.c here? The removal of "\<NL>" seems
      > unecessary to me.

      Doh, probably. There's so many source file, at one point someone can get
      confused.

      > Thanks for this big patch. Hopefully the remaining issues will be sorted out
      > in the coming months.
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2001
        Dany St-Amant wrote:

        > >> src/vim.pbxproj: Project Builder's "Makefile"
        > >
        > > Can this file be renamed? It would be clearer if it contained "mac"
        > > somewhere.
        >
        > I hope it can be renamed (I already did so, it was called project.pbxproj).
        > This is the first time I publish a .pbxproj so I don't know what are all
        > the requirement around it.

        How about "os_mac.pbxproj" then? That makes it sort together with the other
        Mac files.

        --
        login: yes
        password: I don't know, please tell me