Re: Vim60al patches for MacOS

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2001
      Dany St-Amant wrote:

      > Here's some patches over vim60al which will allow compilation
      > with Codewarior Pro 5 under MacOS 9 without Carbon interface,
      > and with Project Builder under MacOS X with Carbon Interface.
      > (And it doesn't break the Terminal compile under MacOS X)

      Great. I assume I can include this right now.

      > -gui_mac.r must be edited to compile under MacOS X vs MacOS 9
      > (I didn't find the #ifdef to use yet)

      Could you make a remark about that in src/INSTALLmac.txt?
      That file probably needs a bit of updating anyway.

      > -explorer.vim slow down Vim startup (due to errors)
      > -Carbon version under MacOS X is slower than Classic version.
      > -Vim cannot be renamed to something else
      > (or it won't be able to find the $VINRUTIME)
      > -$HOME is supported under MacOS X, but ~ is not.

      I'll add these to the todo list.

      > src/vim.pbxproj: Project Builder's "Makefile"

      Can this file be renamed? It would be clearer if it contained "mac"
      somewhere.

      > Note:
      > ----
      > Change in eval.c may not be needed, the untar I used on MacOS 9 seem to
      > created inconsistent end-of-line

      Aren't you referrning to ex_getln.c here? The removal of "\<NL>" seems
      unecessary to me.

      Thanks for this big patch. Hopefully the remaining issues will be sorted out
      in the coming months.

      --
      Contrary to popular belief, it's often your clothing that gets promoted, not
      you.

    • Dany St-Amant
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2001
        on 27/06/01 5:28, Bram Moolenaar at Bram@... wrote:

        > Dany St-Amant wrote:
        >
        >> Here's some patches over vim60al which will allow compilation
        >> with Codewarior Pro 5 under MacOS 9 without Carbon interface,
        >> and with Project Builder under MacOS X with Carbon Interface.
        >> (And it doesn't break the Terminal compile under MacOS X)
        >
        > Great. I assume I can include this right now.

        Of course.

        >> -gui_mac.r must be edited to compile under MacOS X vs MacOS 9
        >> (I didn't find the #ifdef to use yet)
        >
        > Could you make a remark about that in src/INSTALLmac.txt?
        > That file probably needs a bit of updating anyway.

        I'll try to update it and as well as the help file.
        (As I want to stop coding until I get vim60am)

        >> -explorer.vim slow down Vim startup (due to errors)
        >> -Carbon version under MacOS X is slower than Classic version.
        >> -Vim cannot be renamed to something else
        >> (or it won't be able to find the $VINRUTIME)
        >> -$HOME is supported under MacOS X, but ~ is not.
        >
        > I'll add these to the todo list.
        >
        >> src/vim.pbxproj: Project Builder's "Makefile"
        >
        > Can this file be renamed? It would be clearer if it contained "mac"
        > somewhere.

        I hope it can be renamed (I already did so, it was called project.pbxproj).
        This is the first time I publish a .pbxproj so I don't know what are all
        the requirement around it.

        >> Note:
        >> ----
        >> Change in eval.c may not be needed, the untar I used on MacOS 9 seem to
        >> created inconsistent end-of-line
        >
        > Aren't you referrning to ex_getln.c here? The removal of "\<NL>" seems
        > unecessary to me.

        Doh, probably. There's so many source file, at one point someone can get
        confused.

        > Thanks for this big patch. Hopefully the remaining issues will be sorted out
        > in the coming months.
      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 27, 2001
          Dany St-Amant wrote:

          > >> src/vim.pbxproj: Project Builder's "Makefile"
          > >
          > > Can this file be renamed? It would be clearer if it contained "mac"
          > > somewhere.
          >
          > I hope it can be renamed (I already did so, it was called project.pbxproj).
          > This is the first time I publish a .pbxproj so I don't know what are all
          > the requirement around it.

          How about "os_mac.pbxproj" then? That makes it sort together with the other
          Mac files.

          --
          login: yes
          password: I don't know, please tell me