[OFF] VI Regexp for ASCII ctrl-chars?

  • david craig
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14 11:23 AM
      Slightly off-topic, I suppose: how does one match an ASCII
      control-character in vi(m)? I'm trying to toast a bunch of backspaces
      (ctrl-H's) in a file, and the perl syntax doesn't seem to work.

      David Craig

      <http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~dac/>
    • Eugene Lee
      Message 2 of 5 , May 14 11:27 AM
        On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 01:23:00PM -0500, david craig wrote:
        :
        : Slightly off-topic, I suppose: how does one match an ASCII
        : control-character in vi(m)? I'm trying to toast a bunch of backspaces
        : (ctrl-H's) in a file, and the perl syntax doesn't seem to work.

        Try typing this:

        :%s/^V^H//g

        where '^V^H' are literal control characters to be pressed.

        --
        Eugene Lee
        eugene@...
        Message 3 of 5 , May 15 1:17 AM