Getting access to Macvim iDisk

  • Peter Stöhr
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2001
      Hi out there,

      after reading a lot of posting about the "Carbon"-Version of vim, I'll
      try to get it.
      As far as i can see, it is located at the macvim iDisk.
      Is it possible to get access to this iDisk or is it just a "developper
      only" media for information interchange?

      Greeting from munich
      Peter
      --
      Fachhochschule Hof
      Prof. Dr. Peter Stöhr Tel: 09281 - 409 485
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24, 2001
        >after reading a lot of posting about the "Carbon"-Version of vim, I'll
        >try to get it.
        >As far as i can see, it is located at the macvim iDisk.
        >Is it possible to get access to this iDisk or is it just a "developper
        >only" media for information interchange?

        It's free for everyone... who is using Mac OS 9 & greater, or OS X.
        Goto www.apple.com and click on the iTools tab. The following page
        has an iDisk section.

        1. I've only had success with this when using IE5.

        2. You'll need to create an account for yourself in order to use the
        page that lets you view other member's public folders.

        3. enter 'macvim' into the Open Public Folder section.

        4. the disk should appear on your desktop.

        btw, it is possible to use idisks under OS 8.6 -- all I had to do was
        copy the AppleShare extensions from OS 9 into my 8.6 folder and use
        aliases to mount the disks.

        -Ammon
        --
        Skidperfect Software <http://www.skidperfect.com/>