[vim-mac] Vim 5.6 for Macintosh available

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2000
      The binary for Vim version 5.6 is now also available for the Macintosh. It
      was compiled and packed by Dany St-Amant.

      Directory: ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/mac

      You will need StuffIt Expander 5.x to extract the files.

      SIZE FILE CONTENTS
      1688291 vim5.6.full.fat.sit Vim 5.6, FAT application + runtime files
      298138 vim5.6.68k.sit Vim 5.6, 68k application only
      624790 vim5.6.fat.sit Vim 5.6, FAT application only
      333697 vim5.6.ppc.sit Vim 5.6, PowerPC application only

      For more information on the Macintosh version, go to:

      http://www3.sympatico.ca/dany.stamant/vim/

      For discussions about the Macintosh version, use the vim-mac maillist. Send a
      message to vim-help@... to find out how to subscribe.

      Another note: ftp.vim.org has been moved to another (faster) machine.
      I have not been able to upload files until today. Sorry for the delay.
      It appears to work OK now. Let me know if you have persistent problems.

      --
      BLACK KNIGHT: I'm invincible!
      ARTHUR: You're a looney.

      \ \ Vim: http://www.vim.org ICCF Holland: http://www.vim.org/iccf / /
    • Sven Guckes
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2000
        * Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> [000318 21:05]:
        > The binary for Vim version 5.6 is now also available for the
        > Macintosh. It was compiled and packed by Dany St-Amant.

        http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/vim/macs.html is updated.
        Mirror www.vim.org should catch up tonight.

        Is Dany's version the official version now? Just wondering.

        Sven
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27, 2000
          Sven Guckes wrote:

          > * Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> [000318 21:05]:
          > > The binary for Vim version 5.6 is now also available for the
          > > Macintosh. It was compiled and packed by Dany St-Amant.
          >
          > http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/vim/macs.html is updated.
          > Mirror www.vim.org should catch up tonight.
          >
          > Is Dany's version the official version now? Just wondering.
          >
          > Sven

          I think that whatever Bram uploads to ftp.vim.org is the "official
          version."

          Axel Kielhorn has been away from his computer for a while :( . He
          left before vim 5.6 was released. At some point, Dany St. Amant posted
          a binary for vim-mac 5.6 but never announced it. I noticed it and
          pointed it out to Bram. He was having trouble uploading to the new
          ftp.vim.org; when that got resolved, he posted the binaries and
          announced it.

          When I got my copy, it was packaged with a rather non-standard
          vimrc file. Has this survived to the version on ftp.vim.org?

          --Benji Fisher
        • Eugene Lee
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 27, 2000
            On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 10:20:57PM -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:

            [Vim 5.6 for MacOS]

            : When I got my copy, it was packaged with a rather non-standard
            :vimrc file. Has this survived to the version on ftp.vim.org?

            I think so. I saw Bram's posting and downloaded it, then realized that
            it was Dany's January build. But the non-standard vimrc file is part of
            the MacOS distribution. All the command-key map bindings were commented
            out; I uncommented most of them without problems, but there are two that
            I've left out because they don't work right with cut-and-paste commands.

            Now if only the cursor could blink in MacOS...

            --
            Eugene Lee
            eugene@...