Re: updating Info.plist for vim 6.3a (and 6.3)

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10 3:46 AM
      Benji Fisher wrote:

      > I just noticed that my brand-new Vim.app still shows up in the
      > Finder (on OS X) as version 6.2. I think we have to update the
      > Info.plist for version 6.3a (and 6.3 to come). I think this has to be
      > fixed in the Makefile, where I find these lines:
      >
      > # FIXME: i'm sure someone else can do something clever with grep
      > # sed and version.h here
      > VERSION = 6.2
      >
      > OK, that's a challenge! Any takers?

      I can do this with the script I use to update the version numbers in
      various files. It does work more reliable when using the numbers in
      version.h, but there is no rush to get this done.

      > BTW, the announcement for vim 6.3a points out that it is a bug-fix
      > release, with only a few new features. Several of the new features that
      > are listed are specifically for Mac OS X, and most (all?) of those are
      > thanks to Eckehard Berns. Thank you, Eckehard!

      Same from me!

      --
      Spam seems to be something useful to novices. Later you realize that
      it's a bunch of indigestable junk that only clogs your system.