Re: [vim-mac] Re: Fwd: Re: How to get keypad keys to work [MacOSX, vim]

  • Dave Chen
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 30, 2001
      Bill Tschumy wrote:

      > I have gotten this to compile, but probably not in the correct way.
      >
      > First in feature.h I commented in the definition of NO_BUILTIN_TCAPS
      >
      > #ifdef HAVE_TGETENT
      > # define NO_BUILTIN_TCAPS
      > #endif
      >
      > Then in config.h I manually commented out the define of
      > HAVE_TERMCAP_H (I know this is auto-generated and there probably
      > something else I could change but I couldn't find it). This file
      > does not appear to be present on Mac OSX.
      >
      > /* Define if you have the <termcap.h> header file. */
      > /*#define HAVE_TERMCAP_H 1*/
      >
      > This seemed to compile correctly and VIM now recognizes my vt100 terminal type.

      When I do a "configure" and then "make" it does the right thing.

      If uses termios.h, not termcap.h. Not sure why your configure doesn't

      get it right.

      Dave

      --
      ___( mailto:dave@..., http://visual.nlm.nih.gov/~dave )___
      The only thing that allows me to keep my slender grip on reality
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2001
        Quoting Sven Guckes (guckes@...):
        > Can you help Bill here?
        > Do we have testers for Mac OS X here? Ripley?

        No time at all from me, but you're welcome to visit me at
        my place and use my G3 for it.

        Greetings,
        Ripley
        --
        H. Eckert, 12051 Berlin
        ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2001
          Wanted to let the list know that I did get this to work. The config
          problem seemed to be due to the distribution I used (downloaded from
          someone who said he had compiled for Mac OS X). When I downloaded
          the "official" distribution and configed/compiled it there was no
          problem. It now recognizes the vt100 terminal and I have my arrow
          keys working.

          If anyone needs anything checked out on OSX just let me know.

          BTW: Has there been any discussion of getting gvim running on OSX?

          At 9:05 AM +0200 4/3/01, H. Eckert wrote:
          >Quoting Sven Guckes (guckes@...):
          >> Can you help Bill here?
          >> Do we have testers for Mac OS X here? Ripley?
          >
          >No time at all from me, but you're welcome to visit me at
          >my place and use my G3 for it.
          >

          >Greetings,
          > Ripley
          >--
          >H. Eckert, 12051 Berlin
          >ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.

          --
          Bill Tschumy
          Otherwise -- Austin, TX
          bill@...