Re: [vim-mac] Re: Fwd: Re: How to get keypad keys to work [MacOSX, vim]

  • Dave Chen
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 30, 2001
      Bill Tschumy wrote:

      > I have gotten this to compile, but probably not in the correct way.
      >
      > First in feature.h I commented in the definition of NO_BUILTIN_TCAPS
      >
      > #ifdef HAVE_TGETENT
      > # define NO_BUILTIN_TCAPS
      > #endif
      >
      > Then in config.h I manually commented out the define of
      > HAVE_TERMCAP_H (I know this is auto-generated and there probably
      > something else I could change but I couldn't find it). This file
      > does not appear to be present on Mac OSX.
      >
      > /* Define if you have the <termcap.h> header file. */
      > /*#define HAVE_TERMCAP_H 1*/
      >
      > This seemed to compile correctly and VIM now recognizes my vt100 terminal type.

      When I do a "configure" and then "make" it does the right thing.

      If uses termios.h, not termcap.h. Not sure why your configure doesn't

      get it right.

      Dave

      --
      ___( mailto:dave@..., http://visual.nlm.nih.gov/~dave )___
      The only thing that allows me to keep my slender grip on reality
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 30, 2001
        Bill Tschumy wrote:

        > I have gotten this to compile, but probably not in the correct way.
        >
        > First in feature.h I commented in the definition of NO_BUILTIN_TCAPS
        >
        > #ifdef HAVE_TGETENT
        > # define NO_BUILTIN_TCAPS
        > #endif

        You could also do this with a compiler argument -DNO_BUILTIN_TCAPS

        > Then in config.h I manually commented out the define of
        > HAVE_TERMCAP_H (I know this is auto-generated and there probably
        > something else I could change but I couldn't find it). This file
        > does not appear to be present on Mac OSX.
        >
        > /* Define if you have the <termcap.h> header file. */
        > /*#define HAVE_TERMCAP_H 1*/

        Strange. This is checked with the standard autoconf check
        AC_CHECK_HEADERS. Perhaps the shell isn't 100% compatible?

        --
        Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer, my terminal,
        or the view out my window are purely coincidental. Any resemblance between

      • H. Eckert
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2001
          Quoting Sven Guckes (guckes@...):
          > Can you help Bill here?
          > Do we have testers for Mac OS X here? Ripley?

          No time at all from me, but you're welcome to visit me at
          my place and use my G3 for it.

          Greetings,
          Ripley
          --
          H. Eckert, 12051 Berlin
          ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 3, 2001
            Wanted to let the list know that I did get this to work. The config
            problem seemed to be due to the distribution I used (downloaded from
            someone who said he had compiled for Mac OS X). When I downloaded
            the "official" distribution and configed/compiled it there was no
            problem. It now recognizes the vt100 terminal and I have my arrow
            keys working.

            If anyone needs anything checked out on OSX just let me know.

            BTW: Has there been any discussion of getting gvim running on OSX?

            At 9:05 AM +0200 4/3/01, H. Eckert wrote:
            >Quoting Sven Guckes (guckes@...):
            >> Can you help Bill here?
            >> Do we have testers for Mac OS X here? Ripley?
            >
            >No time at all from me, but you're welcome to visit me at
            >my place and use my G3 for it.
            >

            >Greetings,
            > Ripley
            >--
            >H. Eckert, 12051 Berlin
            >ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.

            --
            Bill Tschumy
            Otherwise -- Austin, TX
            bill@...