Re: [vim-mac] Re: Fwd: Re: How to get keypad keys to work [MacOSX, vim]

  • Dave Chen
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 30 8:21 AM
      Bill Tschumy wrote:

      > I have gotten this to compile, but probably not in the correct way.
      >
      > First in feature.h I commented in the definition of NO_BUILTIN_TCAPS
      >
      > #ifdef HAVE_TGETENT
      > # define NO_BUILTIN_TCAPS
      > #endif
      >
      > Then in config.h I manually commented out the define of
      > HAVE_TERMCAP_H (I know this is auto-generated and there probably
      > something else I could change but I couldn't find it). This file
      > does not appear to be present on Mac OSX.
      >
      > /* Define if you have the <termcap.h> header file. */
      > /*#define HAVE_TERMCAP_H 1*/
      >
      > This seemed to compile correctly and VIM now recognizes my vt100 terminal type.

      When I do a "configure" and then "make" it does the right thing.

      If uses termios.h, not termcap.h. Not sure why your configure doesn't

      get it right.

      Dave

      --
      ___( mailto:dave@..., http://visual.nlm.nih.gov/~dave )___
      The only thing that allows me to keep my slender grip on reality
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 30 10:42 AM
        Bill Tschumy wrote:

        > One other bit of info. When I "make" using the stock system it dies
        > trying to compile term.c because termcap.h is not found. This file isn't
        > on my MacOSX system (although I've installed all the developer files).
        >
        > Here is the compile output:
        >
        > localhost% make
        > CC="cc -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -O2 --traditional-cpp "
        > srcdir=. sh ./osdef.sh
        > osdef0.c:8: termcap.h: No such file or directory

        Since this inside a #ifdef HAVE_TERMCAP_H, there must be something
        wrong with running configure. Any idea why HAVE_TERMCAP_H was defined
        while the compiler can't find it?

        --
        ARTHUR: Now stand aside worthy adversary.
        BLACK KNIGHT: (Glancing at his shoulder) 'Tis but a scratch.

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 30 10:42 AM
          Bill Tschumy wrote:

          > I have gotten this to compile, but probably not in the correct way.
          >
          > First in feature.h I commented in the definition of NO_BUILTIN_TCAPS
          >
          > #ifdef HAVE_TGETENT
          > # define NO_BUILTIN_TCAPS
          > #endif

          You could also do this with a compiler argument -DNO_BUILTIN_TCAPS

          > Then in config.h I manually commented out the define of
          > HAVE_TERMCAP_H (I know this is auto-generated and there probably
          > something else I could change but I couldn't find it). This file
          > does not appear to be present on Mac OSX.
          >
          > /* Define if you have the <termcap.h> header file. */
          > /*#define HAVE_TERMCAP_H 1*/

          Strange. This is checked with the standard autoconf check
          AC_CHECK_HEADERS. Perhaps the shell isn't 100% compatible?

          --
          Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer, my terminal,
          or the view out my window are purely coincidental. Any resemblance between

        • H. Eckert
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 3, 2001
            Quoting Sven Guckes (guckes@...):
            > Can you help Bill here?
            > Do we have testers for Mac OS X here? Ripley?

            No time at all from me, but you're welcome to visit me at
            my place and use my G3 for it.

            Greetings,
            Ripley
            --
            H. Eckert, 12051 Berlin
            ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2001
              Wanted to let the list know that I did get this to work. The config
              problem seemed to be due to the distribution I used (downloaded from
              someone who said he had compiled for Mac OS X). When I downloaded
              the "official" distribution and configed/compiled it there was no
              problem. It now recognizes the vt100 terminal and I have my arrow
              keys working.

              If anyone needs anything checked out on OSX just let me know.

              BTW: Has there been any discussion of getting gvim running on OSX?

              At 9:05 AM +0200 4/3/01, H. Eckert wrote:
              >Quoting Sven Guckes (guckes@...):
              >> Can you help Bill here?
              >> Do we have testers for Mac OS X here? Ripley?
              >
              >No time at all from me, but you're welcome to visit me at
              >my place and use my G3 for it.
              >

              >Greetings,
              > Ripley
              >--
              >H. Eckert, 12051 Berlin
              >ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.

              --
              Bill Tschumy
              Otherwise -- Austin, TX
              bill@...