[vim-mac] Re: MAC OS X - start on March 24th

  • Ammon Skidmore
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23, 2001
      >Or are you thinking of a Carbon version of MacVim?

      FYI, the quick carbon port I did many months ago still works fine
      under the release candidate of OS X. There are a couple important
      things to do however (aside from merging the source code back in with
      CVS):

      - support the quit apple event. Then the user will be able to quit
      from the application menu.

      - somehow register the app with OS X to say that it can open text
      files. For some odd reason, you can't drag and drop a text file over
      macvim in OS X unless its classic creator/type codes match macvim.
      This is also annoying because it means that I can't tell the finder
      to automatically open all my project builder text files in macvim.

      - support live scrolling/window resizing (not as important as the 1st 2).

      Unfortunately this will be a very buzy/stressful weekend for me and I
      can't look into these issues further. I currently work around things
      in os x by either opening files manually through the open dialog or
      switching between xfree68 with the unix version of vim
      <http://www.darwinfo.org/devlist.php3?number=3950>.

      -Ammon
      --
      Skidperfect Software <http://www.skidperfect.com/>
    • Christoph
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 25, 2001
        On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 12:04:37PM -0800, Eugene Lee wrote:
        > On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 01:54:53AM +0100, Sven Guckes wrote:
        > : Are we ready for that?
        > : Any new binaries?
        >
        > Vim 5.7 compiles just fine, with the latest patches.
        >
        > Or are you thinking of a Carbon version of MacVim?

        Cocoa gVim would be great.

        Christoph
      • vim-mac-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 26, 2001
          > Mac OS X will ship on March 24th.
          > Are we ready for that?
          > Any new binaries?

          Well, I just got a mail from Carbon Dater:-)

          It told me that the MPW Version of Vim 6.0w has:

          2 Functions supported with modifications
          3 Functions supported but not recommended
          18 Unsupported API
          2 Under Evaluation (Whatever that means)

          That doesn't look bad, compared to
          8 / 24 / 41 / 0
          for Vim 5.7 with Code Warrior.

          I have added all the suggestions from Carbon Dater to gui_mac.c and will
          send a diff to Bram. I hope they will be in 6.0z.

          Axel
        • Eugene Lee
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 27, 2001
            On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 06:13:00AM +0200, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
            :
            : Well, I just got a mail from Carbon Dater:-)
            :
            : It told me that the MPW Version of Vim 6.0w has:

            [...]

            : I have added all the suggestions from Carbon Dater to gui_mac.c and will
            : send a diff to Bram. I hope they will be in 6.0z.

            Very cool! If I haven't mentioned it enough, thanks for all the work
            you've put into this, Axel!

            --
            Eugene Lee
            eugene@...