Re: MAC OS X - start on March 24th

  • Eugene Lee
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23, 2001
      On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 01:54:53AM +0100, Sven Guckes wrote:
      :
      : Mac OS X will ship on March 4th.
      : Are we ready for that?
      : Any new binaries?

      Vim 5.7 compiles just fine, with the latest patches.

      Or are you thinking of a Carbon version of MacVim?

      --
      Eugene Lee
      eugene@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 23, 2001
        >Or are you thinking of a Carbon version of MacVim?

        FYI, the quick carbon port I did many months ago still works fine
        under the release candidate of OS X. There are a couple important
        things to do however (aside from merging the source code back in with
        CVS):

        - support the quit apple event. Then the user will be able to quit
        from the application menu.

        - somehow register the app with OS X to say that it can open text
        files. For some odd reason, you can't drag and drop a text file over
        macvim in OS X unless its classic creator/type codes match macvim.
        This is also annoying because it means that I can't tell the finder
        to automatically open all my project builder text files in macvim.

        - support live scrolling/window resizing (not as important as the 1st 2).

        Unfortunately this will be a very buzy/stressful weekend for me and I
        can't look into these issues further. I currently work around things
        in os x by either opening files manually through the open dialog or
        switching between xfree68 with the unix version of vim
        <http://www.darwinfo.org/devlist.php3?number=3950>.

        -Ammon
        --
        Skidperfect Software <http://www.skidperfect.com/>
      • Christoph
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 25, 2001
          On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 12:04:37PM -0800, Eugene Lee wrote:
          > On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 01:54:53AM +0100, Sven Guckes wrote:
          > : Are we ready for that?
          > : Any new binaries?
          >
          > Vim 5.7 compiles just fine, with the latest patches.
          >
          > Or are you thinking of a Carbon version of MacVim?

          Cocoa gVim would be great.

          Christoph
        • vim-mac-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 26, 2001
            > Mac OS X will ship on March 24th.
            > Are we ready for that?
            > Any new binaries?

            Well, I just got a mail from Carbon Dater:-)

            It told me that the MPW Version of Vim 6.0w has:

            2 Functions supported with modifications
            3 Functions supported but not recommended
            18 Unsupported API
            2 Under Evaluation (Whatever that means)

            That doesn't look bad, compared to
            8 / 24 / 41 / 0
            for Vim 5.7 with Code Warrior.

            I have added all the suggestions from Carbon Dater to gui_mac.c and will
            send a diff to Bram. I hope they will be in 6.0z.

            Axel
          • Eugene Lee
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 27, 2001
              On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 06:13:00AM +0200, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
              :
              : Well, I just got a mail from Carbon Dater:-)
              :
              : It told me that the MPW Version of Vim 6.0w has:

              [...]

              : I have added all the suggestions from Carbon Dater to gui_mac.c and will
              : send a diff to Bram. I hope they will be in 6.0z.

              Very cool! If I haven't mentioned it enough, thanks for all the work
              you've put into this, Axel!

              --
              Eugene Lee
              eugene@...