MAC OS X - start on March 24th

  • Sven Guckes
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 22 4:54 PM
      Mac OS X will ship on March 4th.
      Are we ready for that?
      Any new binaries?

      Sven [Q650 68040 -> no Mac OS X]
    • Eugene Lee
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 23 12:04 PM
        On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 01:54:53AM +0100, Sven Guckes wrote:
        :
        : Mac OS X will ship on March 4th.
        : Are we ready for that?
        : Any new binaries?

        Vim 5.7 compiles just fine, with the latest patches.

        Or are you thinking of a Carbon version of MacVim?

        --
        Eugene Lee
        eugene@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 23 3:23 PM
          >Or are you thinking of a Carbon version of MacVim?

          FYI, the quick carbon port I did many months ago still works fine
          under the release candidate of OS X. There are a couple important
          things to do however (aside from merging the source code back in with
          CVS):

          - support the quit apple event. Then the user will be able to quit
          from the application menu.

          - somehow register the app with OS X to say that it can open text
          files. For some odd reason, you can't drag and drop a text file over
          macvim in OS X unless its classic creator/type codes match macvim.
          This is also annoying because it means that I can't tell the finder
          to automatically open all my project builder text files in macvim.

          - support live scrolling/window resizing (not as important as the 1st 2).

          Unfortunately this will be a very buzy/stressful weekend for me and I
          can't look into these issues further. I currently work around things
          in os x by either opening files manually through the open dialog or
          switching between xfree68 with the unix version of vim
          <http://www.darwinfo.org/devlist.php3?number=3950>.

          -Ammon
          --
          Skidperfect Software <http://www.skidperfect.com/>
        • Christoph
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 25 4:43 AM
            On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 12:04:37PM -0800, Eugene Lee wrote:
            > On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 01:54:53AM +0100, Sven Guckes wrote:
            > : Are we ready for that?
            > : Any new binaries?
            >
            > Vim 5.7 compiles just fine, with the latest patches.
            >
            > Or are you thinking of a Carbon version of MacVim?

            Cocoa gVim would be great.

            Christoph
          • vim-mac-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 26 8:13 PM
              > Mac OS X will ship on March 24th.
              > Are we ready for that?
              > Any new binaries?

              Well, I just got a mail from Carbon Dater:-)

              It told me that the MPW Version of Vim 6.0w has:

              2 Functions supported with modifications
              3 Functions supported but not recommended
              18 Unsupported API
              2 Under Evaluation (Whatever that means)

              That doesn't look bad, compared to
              8 / 24 / 41 / 0
              for Vim 5.7 with Code Warrior.

              I have added all the suggestions from Carbon Dater to gui_mac.c and will
              send a diff to Bram. I hope they will be in 6.0z.

              Axel
            • Eugene Lee
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 27 3:10 AM
                On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 06:13:00AM +0200, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
                :
                : Well, I just got a mail from Carbon Dater:-)
                :
                : It told me that the MPW Version of Vim 6.0w has:

                [...]

                : I have added all the suggestions from Carbon Dater to gui_mac.c and will
                : send a diff to Bram. I hope they will be in 6.0z.

                Very cool! If I haven't mentioned it enough, thanks for all the work
                you've put into this, Axel!

                --
                Eugene Lee
                eugene@...