Re: opening vim

  • Stephane Huaulme
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2001
      where is the source for the mac port? maybe I can take a look at it.

      stephane

      On Wednesday, February 21, 2001, at 02:08 PM, Benji Fisher wrote:

      > Stephane Huaulme wrote:
      >>
      >> Is there a way to have the editing window open in the middle the screen
      >> instead of the top left when wim opens?
      >>
      >> stephane
      >
      > :help winpos
      > *:winp* *:winpos*
      > :winp[os]
      > Display current position of the top left corner of the GUI vim
      > window in pixels. Does not work in all versions.
      >
      > :winp[os] {X} {Y}
      > Put the GUI vim window at the given {X} and {Y} coordinates.
      > The coordinates should specify the position in pixels of the
      > top left corner of the window. Does not work in all versions.
      > Does work in an (new) xterm |xterm-color|.
      >
      > It looks as though this is not implemented on the mac. :-(
      >
      > --Benji Fisher

    • Dany St-Amant
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 25, 2001
        on 22/02/01 12:15, Stephane Huaulme at stephane@... wrote:

        > I think the problem was with the file caching of the project. I have
        > turned off all the checkboxes I could find related to interaction
        > between the IDE and the text editor and so far so good.
        >
        > stephane
        >

        > On Tuesday, February 20, 2001, at 07:30 PM, H. Eckert wrote:
        >
        >> Quoting Benji Fisher (fisherbb@...):
        >>> How badly corrupted are the files? Maybe it is just a file format
        >>> thing: try :set ff=mac before saving.
        >>
        >> This should not be an issue with CW. The internal editor of the
        >> IDE copes with Unix/Dos files quite well and so does the compiler.
        >>

        >> Greetings,
        >> Ripley
        >> --
        >> H. Eckert, 12051 Berlin
        >> ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.

        There's a small problem with the support as an external editor for
        CodeWarrior. If the file is already open in CodeWarrior (e.g.: compiler
        errors), the compiler will use that file instead of the one you are editing
        inside Vim. While working on this I think I saw once some type of file
        corruption, but this should have be fix byu the code currently available.
      • Dany St-Amant
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 25, 2001
          on 22/02/01 17:44, Stephane Huaulme at stephane@... wrote:

          > where is the source for the mac port? maybe I can take a look at it.
          >
          > stephane
          >

          > On Wednesday, February 21, 2001, at 02:08 PM, Benji Fisher wrote:
          >
          >> Stephane Huaulme wrote:
          >>>
          >>> Is there a way to have the editing window open in the middle the screen
          >>> instead of the top left when wim opens?
          >>>
          >>> stephane
          >>
          >> :help winpos
          >> *:winp* *:winpos*
          >> :winp[os]
          >> Display current position of the top left corner of the GUI vim
          >> window in pixels. Does not work in all versions.
          >>
          >> :winp[os] {X} {Y}
          >> Put the GUI vim window at the given {X} and {Y} coordinates.
          >> The coordinates should specify the position in pixels of the
          >> top left corner of the window. Does not work in all versions.
          >> Does work in an (new) xterm |xterm-color|.
          >>
          >> It looks as though this is not implemented on the mac. :-(
          >>
          >> --Benji Fisher

          At the same place as all the other vim port code, in the extra files.
          Currently the gui_mac.c is quite messy.

          Dany