Re: opening vim

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 21, 2001
      Stephane Huaulme wrote:

      > Is there a way to have the editing window open in the middle the screen
      > instead of the top left when wim opens?
      >
      > stephane

      :help winpos
      *:winp* *:winpos*
      :winp[os]
      Display current position of the top left corner of the GUI vim
      window in pixels. Does not work in all versions.

      :winp[os] {X} {Y}
      Put the GUI vim window at the given {X} and {Y} coordinates.
      The coordinates should specify the position in pixels of the
      top left corner of the window. Does not work in all versions.
      Does work in an (new) xterm |xterm-color|.

      It looks as though this is not implemented on the mac. :-(

      --Benji Fisher
    • Stephane Huaulme
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22, 2001
        where is the source for the mac port? maybe I can take a look at it.

        stephane

        On Wednesday, February 21, 2001, at 02:08 PM, Benji Fisher wrote:

        > Stephane Huaulme wrote:
        >>
        >> Is there a way to have the editing window open in the middle the screen
        >> instead of the top left when wim opens?
        >>
        >> stephane
        >
        > :help winpos
        > *:winp* *:winpos*
        > :winp[os]
        > Display current position of the top left corner of the GUI vim
        > window in pixels. Does not work in all versions.
        >
        > :winp[os] {X} {Y}
        > Put the GUI vim window at the given {X} and {Y} coordinates.
        > The coordinates should specify the position in pixels of the
        > top left corner of the window. Does not work in all versions.
        > Does work in an (new) xterm |xterm-color|.
        >
        > It looks as though this is not implemented on the mac. :-(
        >
        > --Benji Fisher

      • Dany St-Amant
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 25, 2001
          on 22/02/01 12:15, Stephane Huaulme at stephane@... wrote:

          > I think the problem was with the file caching of the project. I have
          > turned off all the checkboxes I could find related to interaction
          > between the IDE and the text editor and so far so good.
          >
          > stephane
          >

          > On Tuesday, February 20, 2001, at 07:30 PM, H. Eckert wrote:
          >
          >> Quoting Benji Fisher (fisherbb@...):
          >>> How badly corrupted are the files? Maybe it is just a file format
          >>> thing: try :set ff=mac before saving.
          >>
          >> This should not be an issue with CW. The internal editor of the
          >> IDE copes with Unix/Dos files quite well and so does the compiler.
          >>

          >> Greetings,
          >> Ripley
          >> --
          >> H. Eckert, 12051 Berlin
          >> ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.

          There's a small problem with the support as an external editor for
          CodeWarrior. If the file is already open in CodeWarrior (e.g.: compiler
          errors), the compiler will use that file instead of the one you are editing
          inside Vim. While working on this I think I saw once some type of file
          corruption, but this should have be fix byu the code currently available.
        • Dany St-Amant
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 25, 2001
            on 22/02/01 17:44, Stephane Huaulme at stephane@... wrote:

            > where is the source for the mac port? maybe I can take a look at it.
            >
            > stephane
            >

            > On Wednesday, February 21, 2001, at 02:08 PM, Benji Fisher wrote:
            >
            >> Stephane Huaulme wrote:
            >>>
            >>> Is there a way to have the editing window open in the middle the screen
            >>> instead of the top left when wim opens?
            >>>
            >>> stephane
            >>
            >> :help winpos
            >> *:winp* *:winpos*
            >> :winp[os]
            >> Display current position of the top left corner of the GUI vim
            >> window in pixels. Does not work in all versions.
            >>
            >> :winp[os] {X} {Y}
            >> Put the GUI vim window at the given {X} and {Y} coordinates.
            >> The coordinates should specify the position in pixels of the
            >> top left corner of the window. Does not work in all versions.
            >> Does work in an (new) xterm |xterm-color|.
            >>
            >> It looks as though this is not implemented on the mac. :-(
            >>
            >> --Benji Fisher

            At the same place as all the other vim port code, in the extra files.
            Currently the gui_mac.c is quite messy.

            Dany