[vim-mac] Re: vim on MacOS with multi-byte available?

  • ASAI Kenichi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2000
      Dear VimMac developpers,

      Thank you very much for making vim for MacOS, and thank you, Mr. Sven
      Guckes, for replying very promptly. Before the vim I requested is
      compiled, I would like to ask another options (if it is possible).

      In my previous mail, I requested the following two options:

      --enable-multibyte
      --enable-fontset options

      These two options are quite important for non-English support. Added
      to this, I would like to ask the following two options.

      +langmap (or HAVE_LANGMAP); around line 70 of feature.h
      --enable-perlinterp
      something equivalent to --enable-xim (i.e., control on Macintosh Input
      Metohd)

      The +langmap option is also very important when we *input* non-English
      languages. Namely, when going into insert mode, the language input
      method is turned on, and when going back, off.

      The latter two is my hope that vim on Macintosh will support them in
      the future. I think you need subtle code change to achieve them, so I
      do not insist on them very much. But if they can be done very easily,
      I want them quite much. (When these features are available, I think I
      can read my e-mails perfectly on my PowerBook...)

      Thank you in advance.

      # Is it easy to compile VIM if I buy CodeWarrior Pro? I might
      # consider compiling it by myself. VimMac can be the most important
      # application on my PowerBook...

      Sincerely,

      ---
      Kenichi Asai