MacVim 6.0t MPW first patch

  • vim-mac-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2001
      This patch will make Vim only complain once about a missing swap file.

      It fixes the nexted comments as well. (I already send this to Bram and
      it should be in 6.0u)

      Axel

      *** Daten mobil:Source:vim60t:src:os_mac.h Kopie Sun Feb 4
      20:29:45 2001
      --- Daten mobil:Source:vim60t:src:os_mac.h Thu Feb 15 19:34:31 2001
      ***************
      *** 74,80 ****
      #define CASE_INSENSITIVE_FILENAME /* ignore case when comparing file
      names */
      #define SPACE_IN_FILENAME
      #define COLON_AS_PATHSEP
      ! /* #define USE_FNAME_CASE /* adjust case of file names */
      #define BINARY_FILE_IO
      #define EOL_DEFAULT EOL_MAC
      #define USE_CR
      --- 74,80 ----
      #define CASE_INSENSITIVE_FILENAME /* ignore case when comparing file
      names */
      #define SPACE_IN_FILENAME
      #define COLON_AS_PATHSEP
      ! /* #define USE_FNAME_CASE adjust case of file names */
      #define BINARY_FILE_IO
      #define EOL_DEFAULT EOL_MAC
      #define USE_CR
      ***************
      *** 81,87 ****
      #define NO_CONSOLE /* don't include console mode */
      #define HAVE_AVAIL_MEM

      ! /* #define SYNC_DUP_CLOSE /* sync() a file with dup() and
      close() */
      #define HAVE_STRING_H
      #define HAVE_STRCSPN
      #define HAVE_MEMSET
      --- 81,87 ----
      #define NO_CONSOLE /* don't include console mode */
      #define HAVE_AVAIL_MEM

      ! /* #define SYNC_DUP_CLOSE sync() a file with dup() and
      close() */
      #define HAVE_STRING_H
      #define HAVE_STRCSPN
      #define HAVE_MEMSET
      ***************
      *** 180,190 ****
      #endif /* FEAT_VIMINFO */

      #ifndef DFLT_BDIR
      ! # define DFLT_BDIR ".,c:\\tmp,c:\\temp" /* default for
      'backupdir' */
      #endif

      #ifndef DFLT_DIR
      ! # define DFLT_DIR ".,c:\\tmp,c:\\temp" /* default for
      'directory' */
      #endif

      #ifndef DFLT_VDIR
      --- 180,190 ----
      #endif /* FEAT_VIMINFO */

      #ifndef DFLT_BDIR
      ! # define DFLT_BDIR "." /* default for 'backupdir' */
      #endif

      #ifndef DFLT_DIR
      ! # define DFLT_DIR "." /* default for 'directory' */
      #endif

      #ifndef DFLT_VDIR

      --
      There is nothing left to try
      There is nothing left to choose
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2001
        Axel Kielhorn wrote:

        > This patch will make Vim only complain once about a missing swap file.
        >
        > It fixes the nexted comments as well. (I already send this to Bram and
        > it should be in 6.0u)

        [...]

        > #ifndef DFLT_BDIR
        > ! # define DFLT_BDIR "." /* default for 'backupdir' */
        > #endif
        >
        > #ifndef DFLT_DIR
        > ! # define DFLT_DIR "." /* default for 'directory' */
        > #endif

        Isn't there another directory to use on the Mac? Otherwise you won't get a
        backup or swap file when editing a file in a read-only directory.

        --
        Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

      • Ammon Skidmore
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2001
          >Isn't there another directory to use on the Mac? Otherwise you won't get a
          >backup or swap file when editing a file in a read-only directory.

          There is the standard invisible Temporary Items directory on the Mac,
          which is on all writable volumes. You find it with a call to
          FindFolder() with a folderType of kTemporaryFolderType (and usually a
          volume type of kOnSystemDisk, though you would need an algorithm to
          search for other volumes in case the user is booting off a cd ---
          there's probably a tech note on this somewhere.).

          Unrelated note:
          For those doing active development on the mac VIM gui, I should note
          that back in October I did a quick Carbonization of the code, so it
          would run natively under OS X. I still haven't gotten around to
          submitting the source changes, and I probably won't have the time
          until at least the end of March. If this port interests you, source
          changes can be seem by downloading the package from my web site and
          diff-ing the changed source with the old source (it's only a few
          files, and they are marked).
          <http://www.skidperfect.com/programming/index.html#C_Code> I made no
          bug fixes to the code (it is based on MacVIM 5.7), just did a
          straight Carbonization.

          -Ammon
          --
          Skidperfect Software <http://www.skidperfect.com/>